Chinese-Forums

iTunes in China

roddy

Quick query - is anyone out there using a UK / US registered iTunes account to make purchases while they're in China. I'm assuming this wouldn't be any problem, but then I thought Apple might be checking the IP addresses people come from for DRM / licensing concerns.

Yeah, but it's Apple. They can do complicated things. Like make me pay for a music player which requires syncing with a PC if I want to do something as simple as delete a song.

Anyway, just wanted to check as I have a ton of credit at the moment and am unlikely to spend it all before I get back to China. Didn't think it would be a problem, but good to have it confirmed.

Hang on Adrian, does that mean you get the US film and TV downloads we don't get in the UK yet? That might be worth looking into - some TV is so good I might be willing to pay for it.

Hang on Adrian, does that mean you get the US film and TV downloads we don't get in the UK yet?

I don't know. I don't actually have an iPod; just iTunes! A friend credited me with US$20 so I created a US account (and made up an address in NYC) in order to get the credit.