Chinese-Forums

Taking a laptop into China

Thundercat8

I'm leaving for China tomorrow, so if you know anything please can you reply asap! Thanks!

I'm taking my laptop with me to China, as I'm going to need it being a student there. I have been told that when you get to China you must fill in a customs declaration form, and tell them if you have a camera or a laptop. I will have both with me. Of course there is nothing bad on either, and hence no reason why they should be confiscated. But I'm a little nervous that they're going to stop me from taking both items into China. I can't be without my laptop or camera this year. I was told by a Chinese friend that when filling in this form, just declare you have neither laptop nor camera with you. I don't know what to do, if anyone knows if it is possible to bring a laptop and a camera into China going through the red-customs channel (something to declare), please tell me!

THANKS!

I hope it's not too late.

I took my laptop with me to China and pack it in my bag which I took on a plane. I didn't have any problem on HK airport or at HK-Shenzhen "border". No one demanded declaration. So I think that there shouldn't be any problem for you.