Chinese-Forums

NFL Reception: How to get it?

kdavid

Does anyone have any luck getting NFL on TV / satellite?

I know that CCTV occassionally plays random games Monday mornings, but I'm looking to watch a specific team every week.

I've looked into buying a satellite and found a company that can install it for me. However, I'm not sure if it will be able to get the sports channels I'm looking for (ESPN or any international equivalent). When I was in Europe we watched NFL through a satellite broadcasting station called "Sky" (I think).

Does anyone have a satellite that gets NFL games? Does anyone know of any bars / restaurants that show games? If so, what channel / satellite are they using? Can you watch live streaming video through any programs / sites online?

Anyone with any experience to contribute is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about sat tv, but I normally use TVU and watch in online. You can get all the local channels in the US and maybe even ESPN. They also have Chinese TV, Taiwenese TV and a bunch of others from all over the world.

Keep in mind I've never tried it from inside China, so no gurantees...

http://www.tvunetworks.com/

Let me know if it actually works, I am curious!

This site is good for football (soccer?)l and has links to NFL too:

http://www.asiaplate.com/

Download sopcast and click on the sopcast link and it opens up the right channel. Works pretty well in my experience. Don't know about China but I don't see why not. I'm hoping to watch some Celtic games when I'm in China soon!

• 2 weeks later...