Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - Archives

extrapages

Bedan Adjuster,

Where are you getting this information?

kellaneym,

Please read the first post. You only need one copy of the application. You send the original and the copy to CSC. The only things that need to be notarized are your diploma and the Physical Exam form. You can make another copy for yourself, but you won't ever need it for anything.

Ok, just to clarify,

2 copies of the applicatin (one original, one photocopy)

1 notarized copy of diploma

1 notarized copy of physical exam form

and one for everything else, right?

Thanks for all of your help, maybe i'm being a little dense!

kellaneym,

ORIGINAL SET:

Application (Original)

Letters of Recommendation (Original)

Study Plan (Original)

Transcript (Unofficial Copy from your school)

Diploma (Notarized Copy)

Physical Exam (Notarized Copy)

(Optional) Acceptance Letter (Photocopy - You keep the original for your visa)

(Optional) Other Documents - Essays, Articles, etc. (Original)

COPY SET: - We're not sure if the copy set needs any notarized documents, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Application (Photocopy)

Letters of Recommendation (Photocopy - but try to get real signatures for both the original and copy sets)

Study Plan (Photocopy - just print out two, one for the original set and the other for the copy set)

Transcript (Unofficial Copy from your school - ask for two)

Diploma (Notarized Copy)

Physical Exam (Notarized Copy)

(Optional) Acceptance Letter (Photocopy)

(Optional) Other Documents - Essays, Articles, etc. (Photocopy - print out another copy)

Photos-

Just went to try and get my pictures made (at Walgreens for those in the U.S.) and they told me it wasn't possible to get an official stamp on the backside of passport photos. They referred me to the local post office instead. I'm not sure if they meant all passport photos or just theirs. Would it be necessary to have photos on copies of the physical exam and application form?

Diploma-

As I won't be getting my diploma until May, I just send the original certification/intent to graduate and bring the actual original diploma later right?

Transcripts-

I just want to clarify that unofficial transcripts are completely fine correct?

Recommendations-

The application asks for a total of 4 letters. Though from what I gather from info on the first page, there should be 3 total, one of which is from the organization etc. So what is it, 3 or 4?

evasiege,

Why would you get the passport photos stamped on the back?

Real photos don't need to be on the copies.

The "original certification/intent to graduate" should be fine. You don't have to bring the diploma with you. Once you send the application, you will never be in touch with the CSC scholarship board again. It's a one-time thing.

Unofficial transcripts are fine - ask for two from your school though.

The application asks for TWO letters of recommendation. That's all you really need. (The checklist section where it says "two letters of recommendation" twice is a typo.)

evasiege,

You should read the recent posts. Official stamps always go on the sheet... Why would anyone ever stamp the back where it is never seen? There is one section on the Physical Exam where you have to stamp half on the photo and half on the sheet. But enough has been posted about this.

I don't know of any form where the passport photo EXACTLY lines up with the photo space provided... in any country.

I guess the official stamp for the physical form just placed on the sheet itself?
Also keep in mind, the stamp is the stamp of the hospital that does your medical to prove that the person in the photo is the person who took the medical. The stamp of the post-office or anywhere else is no good. Google images turns up this picture of what it should look like.

As much as I want to help other applicants from a country whose Chinese missions in their respective countries cannot help them for reasons we are unaware, I suggest to extrapages whose help and dedication to help other applicants is beyond measurable to include in the first post the list of Chinese universities who handle the CSC applications themselves.

From what I know, here are some of them:

1. Lanzhou University (It is where I have applied; unfortunately, deadline was last 15 March 2009);

2. Fudan University; and

3. Chongqing University (Deadline: 30 April 2009)

To everyone, if you know other universities that can be added onto this list please share at least 10 seconds of your time to post them.

Thank you very much.

Hi everyone,

I sent my application off about a week and a half ago to the ministry of education in Washington D.C. I know that my application has been delivered already, but I have not gotten any notification from the embassy. So, here's a question to all those that have applied to the Washington D.C. embassy: Did you receive notification at some point that your application ended up in the right place? I'm trying not to be impatient, but I would really like to know if I at least got my application to the correct people. Thanks for all your help.

Yaoshuya,

You should have asked the name of the person in the embassy and told him/her that you will call within the next few days to inquire if your application reaches the right person.

Btw, don't be bothered too much. Just calm and relax. Everyone feels the same thing.

In response to what Bedan Adjuster wrote

"As much as I want to help other applicants from a country whose Chinese missions in their respective countries cannot help them for reasons we are unaware, I suggest to extrapages whose help and dedication to help other applicants is beyond measurable to include in the first post the list of Chinese universities who handle the CSC applications themselves.

From what I know, here are some of them:

1. Lanzhou University (It is where I have applied; unfortunately, deadline was last 15 March 2009);

2. Fudan University; and

3. Chongqing University (Deadline: 30 April 2009)

To everyone, if you know other universities that can be added onto this list please share at least 10 seconds of your time to post them."

Now, here's what I know about applying directly through universities.

1. It didn't start until 2008 when CSC got even more money to expand the scope of scholarships.

2. Only "Key National Universities" as designated by the Chinese Ministry of Education were allowed to independently receive applications and award a certain number of scholarships based on a quota assigned by the Ministry. For example, Fudan University received 30 slots last year according to their website.

3. From what I can tell, this new way of directly applying through universities has now been better worked out by the CSC and is called "CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP-UNIVERSITY POSTGRADUATE STUDY PROGRAM"

4. According to the CSC, Fudan, and Xiamen websites, this branch of the program is for MASTER AND DOCTORAL STUDENTS ONLY.

A. For the regular scholarship application through CSC, you send your stuff to the Chinese embassy in your country who sends it to CSC who, if your application is legitimate, will forward it on to your 3 TOP UNIVERSITY PICKS. The universities then decide if they want you and send their decision back to CSC who will give the final approval and award the scholarship if you get it.

B. For the "University Postgraduate Study Program" branch of the scholarship, you fill out the same application form, but you only have 1 school choice - the one you send it to. (I don't know if you can apply to multiple schools or not. In theory it's possible). Basically, you skip a step compared to above. Your school looks at your application and sends it to CSC for final approval if they choose you to get it.

6. To specifically address the question of which U's, I don't know. Fudan and Xiamen are overtly advertising that they're "National Key Universities", but theoretically any of these Key U's should be doing it independently as well. I can't find a specific list of these U's, but I can add XIAMEN UNIVERSITY to the list mentioned before, and I assume that other major U's in Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, etc. probably do it too. Find more info at:

http://en.csc.edu.cn/Lianhua/3c032faa8ede44299928348090680248.shtml

-Menyawga

hello everyone!

first of all, i am truly very thankful because i found this thread. i have plans in applying for the CSC. I am from the Philippines and in my 3rd year of college. I have a lot of clarifications to ask especially from those who are from the Philippines.

#### May I ask the contact info of the people responsible in the CSC here in my country?

I am applying for the undergraduate scholarship. Hope someone could help me.

Thank you and more power everyone!

my eadd: salipotmark@yahoo.com

salipot,

I am from the Philippines too.

First of all, I would like to share to you that I contacted every phone number that is listed on the Chinese embassy site, but no one seems to know the existence of the scholarship. I exhaust all means but to no avail.

May I know where are you doing your undergrad? I suggest to you to finish first your college here before you apply for scholarship. Since you are already in your 3rd year, one year won't be too long.

Please read the recent previous posts to see how to apply without the assistance of Chinese embassy.

Hello Bejan,

thank you very much for your reply. i already applied last year, but i guess my application papers just went into nothing.

oh i see, so i can apply without the help of the chinese embassy, thank you for that information. i would just search the thread about it.

yes, i am planning to have an undergraduate scholarship and take up Law. see, here in the philippines, i still have to get a degree before taking up law. but i realized that things are just the same if i study in an university in china since law is an undergraduate course. if i didn't pass, then i still can continue my studies here, so its basically win-win situation. i am considering ECNU as my first choice. i still have to research about my other university options.

again, thank you very much for your help. god bless u.

salipot,

I hope you spell my name correct next time around.

You should know the difference of law in the Philippines and in China. If you earn a law degree in China, you are not qualified to take the bar here.

It's definitely not a win-win situation unless you will stay in China for the rest of your life.

hello bedan,

first of all, i am very sorry about your misspelled name.

also, thank you for giving me your opinion about me and my chosen major. i am applying for this scholarship with high hopes. if i do not pass, i still have my education here that i can always continue, so i do not lose anything, since i have no plans to stop in my last year of college here. but anyway, i am thankful to have you around to help me in my application. thank you again.

anyway, the deadline stated in the CSC website is April 30th, is it also the same here in our country?

bedan, are you also a scholar of CSC? i wonder if the application for the undergraduate scholarship is tighter than the masterals.

salipot,

I am in the process of applying for the scholarship. I applied directly to Lanzhou University.

The deadline varies depending on the university.

As I have said, the Chinese embassy cannot help us. You should apply directly to the school of your choice.

Edited by Bedan Adjuster

Good Afternoon,

So I know may be a bit late, but I'm applying from the States and am trying to go to PKU. I know the deadline may actually be 4/15 instead of 4/30, so do you think I'll have enough time for my application to be processed if I send it out by the end of next week? I'm simply waiting for recommendations to be mailed to me and am getting a bit antsy about the deadline.

As for the rest of the process, it has been relatively easy obtaining all the other information. My bank notarizes documents for free, and my physician had all the equipment to conduct all the necessary tests. I am a bit confused about who to send the entire package (original app and copy app) to and whom to address it to. I called the US consulate and they were no help what so ever. Any suggestions?

Thanks!