Chinese-Forums

Anyone interested?

CyraSafia

I'm working on a web site telling stories & legends about Chinese traditional festivals.

There might be a lot of stories about why do Chinese people celebrate this festival, what's the story behind it, what do Chinese people alwasy do on this day and so on.

For example, the celebration of new year was out of the fear of a monster at the beginning.

Also there woulb be pictures, vedios, interacting topics, or even real-time seminars

Would anyone here be interested in?

Would anyone here be interested ...

Sure, assuming it's a free site and has interesting content, I would certainly visit it. There are only so many occasions and so much you can do with this one topic, unless you tie it in with other topics that are more open-ended.

You're comment on Chinese Valentine's Day was very insightful (regarding the comb), so I think it sounds promising.

Good luck with it! :wink:

There are lots of sites which try to do this already. If you can do it better, great. Personally I'd like to see something more practical or up to date. Video a trip to the train station to buy tickets, or interview some random person on the street. Add a transcription with pinyin and vocab explanations. Do that once a week. But don't go to the train station every week, that would be dull.

thanks for replying

and i'm glad that you like my idea,Luobot:mrgreen:

to adrianlondon:

There are so many web sites with this information already;

I

I know that exactly, so I just want something special. I think the seminar will be special, but I want to know that do you find topics on Chinese festivals interesting or boring? Do you want more stories about the festival, or Chinese festival customs, or food eaten on the festivals, or something else?

to roddy:

I like the idea to be up to date and practical. I visited several sites about Chinese festival. They were almost just telling the stories of the festivals, but little about things like: what presents to give your girlfriend on Chinese Valentine's Day, or which mooncakes of which flavor is most popular, and so on. topics on festivals can also be up to date and practical. would like that?

I'd like to see the modern take on the festivals. In other words, what a family (maybe one of the new-money familes in Beijing, and one of the more typical familes in a smaller city) actually do on these days now, in 2007/2008.

That would be interesting! Well, I'd read it ;)