Chinese-Forums

Urgent Help Needed--Z Visa

bredmond812陈秉劲

Ditto what your friend had. It has been reported by several other people on this site. If coming for 6 months or more, you must get a medical before you get the visa. If less than 6 months, then you don't need a medical until after you get to China.

When I first came two years back I applied in Edinburgh, UK. After submitting my paper work, the Embassy called me up to tell me they needed a medical cert form my family doctor. I hadn't been to my doctors for over 10 years. In fact my doctor had died and the practice had merged with another and moved to a different location. Anyway, the new doctor laughed at the Chinese medical form and wrote "Not indicated" in most of the spaces (rather than sending me for various expensive X-rays, ECG's and blood tests.) He did a basic western style medical on me and signed the form. I faxed it to Edinburgh and picked up my visa the day after.

In the UK, the medical must be done privately. Not on the NHS. The price will depend on how many tests your Doc feels he must do to satisfy himself and sign you off as fit and health.

When you get to china, you will have to do the whole thing over again at the Chinese hospital. However this is cheap and fast so don't worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

The same with me. I had to do medical check in Slovenia. Doctor was amazed at Chinese medical form. The most surprising was demand to do a x-ray picture of my lungs. But they x-rayed me anyway. I took my x-ray picture with me to China. When I had medical check here, I gave x-ray picture to Chinese doctor. He looked at it and said "OK". There was no need to be x-rayed again.:)

I have one question. Is it now that I have residence permit possible for me to travel from China and back to China without any additional visa? Or do I have to have a visa? My resident permit is valid until August next year and I want to visit my country this winter (during Chinese New year).

I have one question. Is it now that I have residence permit possible for me to travel from China and back to China without any additional visa?

Yes, that's right the residence permit allows you to leave and enter as you please. It's pretty sweet, isn't it?

What I'm not sure about is if you still need to register with the PSB. Does anyone know the answer?

They have told me at my college that the PBS have to be informed about my leaving and re-enter. I/They have to report it to them at least 24 hours before leaving China and immediately after arriving back at college.

My friends from Slovenia are going to visit me in January and they'll live in my apartment, inside the college. PBS also have to be informed about this.

I've gone in and out four times in the last year and didn't mention anything to the PSB. At one time I was outside china for six weeks and nobody cared when I came back in. You probably are supposed to register and deregister each time you leave, or even move house, but I doubt many people bother.

They have told me at my college that the PBS have to be informed about my leaving and re-enter

My college just asks me what I am doing every holiday/vacation but never care about out or in country they just are concerned because they are technically "responsible" for us. Do you live in a dorm because maybe that make them even more concerned.

You probably are supposed to register and deregister each time you leave, or even move house, but I doubt many people bother.

Definitely need to register if you move...otherwise how else will they know where to find you. Going in and out I don't think so but it is possible. I also heard someone say they think you are supposed to re-register during visa renewal but the PSB didn't even look at my Visa just at my passport first page when I registered so I think the bigger thing is knowing where you live.