Chinese-Forums

Online Dictionaries and/or Kingsoft

Altair

I have been trying to find a way to participate in these forums and add characters to my posts without using special software. So far, I have been relying on finding the appropriate characters in CEDICT and pasting them into my posts. Is there an online dictionary in which I can at least input pinyin words rather than just characters?

I also have a Chinese version of Kingsoft, but my Chinese is not good enough to figure out if I can use it to print characters. Does anyone know how to do this with this software? So far, I can only figure out how to use the software as an interesting dictionary.

Altair, if you have Windows XP, you should look into the built-in IME. It's actually really good, especially if you can read enough han zi to know when it outputs the wrong character and correct it. I use it a lot on my home PC, and I enjoy it.

tutorial on it here: http://www.chrissimpson.com/tutorial1.html.

Greek_frappa,

Your shameless promotion is greatly appreciated. I have been using your cite for the last two weeks or so. The only issues I have found have been figuring if it is possible to access simplified characters, although I am more familiar with the traditional ones, and trying to figure out what order you used to rank the pinyin.

Haoqide,

The information about XP is great news. Unfortunately, I do not have access to it at home, where I do all my posting. If I can ever solve my RAM issues and how to back up all my critical files, I may break down and try to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...