Chinese-Forums

Question about Confucius

Heracles

I'm working in a program about the famous person in China.

I hope someone may help me with the following question.

Do you k now about Confucius?

If you do,what kind of man you think he was? And what would you want to know further about him?

If you don't, plesae tell me the famous peole you know and are interested in China.

The question doesn't aim at chines peolpe,if any chinese want to answer it, please let me know.(sh)

How many people you plan to list in your program? As there're too many "famous people" in every dynasty, you better take out some of them based on different categories.

Here's some of them I can think of:

Legendary:

- 黃帝

- 倉頡

- 神農

Emperor:

- Qin's first emperor

- 李世民

- 武則天

- 康熙

- 傅儀

Politicans:

- 李斯

- 張居正

- 毛澤東

Writer:

- 蘇軾

- 辛棄疾

- 李白

- 杜甫

- 曹雪芹

Scientist:

- 李時珍

- 沈恬

Philosopher

- Laozi

- Confucius

- 墨子

- 孫子

- 六祖慧能

bruce lee's scream 'wahhh chhaaaaa' came to my mind. he is widely known in america, eastern and western europe, middle east and china. just a few years ago a sculpture was elected in romania to celebrate his fame. 30 years after his death, his movies was still broadcasted on the television to memorize his achievement in hong kong. no chinese at his time can achieve his undisputed fame.

another influential chinese must be jinyong, a writer of martial art novels that were read and heard by almost all chinese. no novelist in chinese history has reached this enormous readership as he did in the past decades.