Chinese-Forums

"I will miss you very much" in Cantonese?

bnlx03x

I would like to tell this girl I will miss her very much because she is leaving for China tomorrow. Can any of you offer any advice? A small sound bit would be perfect but I know that can be too much trouble so any help would do. Thank you so much ...the phrase I would like to say is

In Cantonese: " (her name), (my name) will miss you very much."

can anyone help?

Her name, muy, your name go go wuy ho gwa jiu nei ga.

A little help with the pronunciation. after her name it's like muy from spanish. after your name the go go is more like gaw gaw then wuy is just like the muy, then ho like hoe, then gwa like the first of guano, then jiu sounds like jew or dew, nei sounds like nay, ga sounds like ah with a g in front of it.

____ muy, _____ gaw gaw wooie hoe gwa jew nay gah. I hope this helps!

isn't this an example of a thread title that's no good...

I keep seeing it and imagining some poor student has been sold to the black market and this was the only messages he could send while he found a way to temporarily escape from his captors, his last plea for help, ...but no, it's a canto translation question..hmmm.:mrgreen:

哥哥 and 妹妹 sound like the tone in old fashion love fiction and the girl would laugh at that. :mrgreen:

It reminds me of famous mandarin song:

"送你送到小村外﹐ 有句話想交待﹐ 雖然已經是滿花開。。

路邊的野花﹐ "我" (original lyrics: 你 ) 不要採

記著我的情﹐ 記著我的愛﹐ 記著有我天天在等待"。

Why the age assumption?

I’m sorry but it is not the age assumption.

龙儿妹妹,过儿哥哥会好挂住你架。

Sigh~~! If I were 龙儿, I would be glad to hear my beloved 过儿 called me 妹妹, and would feel natural to call him 哥哥. Quest, if you were a girl and were in love with someone younger than you, you could understand that. (Of course, just my opinion.)

哥哥 and 妹妹 sound like the tone in old fashion love fiction and the girl would laugh at that.

I don’t understand why the girl would laugh at someone called her “妹妹” with his true passion. :cry:

It reminds me of famous mandarin song:

"送你送到小村外﹐ 有句話想交待﹐ 雖然已經是滿花開。。

路邊的野花﹐ "我" (original lyrics: 你 ) 不要採

記著我的情﹐ 記著我的愛﹐ 記著有我天天在等待"。

Hehe, it seems you like this kind of old fashion too. :wink:

Thanks!