Chinese-Forums

Shanghai

mamisy

media influence: (radio, television, movies) moves in the mandarin mood? or every media speaks on Shanghainese?

Whilst it is possible to find the occasional television programme in Shanghainese, these are very few and far between. I have never heard of a movie in Shanghainese.

i 'm a student from shanghai fudan university.shanghai is a big city now .it nealy has a population of 20,000,000.i feel it is a little crowded but there are a lot of opportunities and challanges. i think every one will like this internationalized city ,especially in shanghai you can enjoy many delicious snacks such as xiaolong,zongzi~

The movie "My Post-modern Aunt/ 姨妈的后现代的生活" had a little bits of Shanghainese (maybe 3-5%). Although it had some interesting scenes, including some pretty good acting, overall, not too great of a movie, in my opinion.

http://movie.iamcool.net/tw/moovi_detail.php?movieID=3308

But anyway, the radio broadcasts, TV shows, and TV commercials are all in Putonghua, except for one or two local TV shows.