Chinese-Forums

Translation Help

我爱喝啤酒

New here, hi all. I've racked my brain trying to do this translation, and it all is too awkward to me to translate, why I don't know. If you could help with a couple sentences, I'd appreciate. I'll show you the non-sense I've come up with...

北京领导人胡锦涛筹画近一年的对台斗争策略终于登台亮相,其运作轮廓正在陆续浮现,虽然这些仍只是其中一小部分,但灵活程度已令许多观察家跌破眼镜。

The document Beijing's leader, Hu Jintao, has prepared for close to a year finally takes the stage. His operation outlines emerge one after the other, although these are still only a small part, but flexibility has made many observers unsuccessful. [complete non-sense]

用尽了共产党过去擅长的隐蔽统战斗争,还是拉不下陈水扁,这种郁闷的心情在五一

七中台办,国台办的当前两岸关系声明中发挥得淋漓尽致。一句<中国人民不怕鬼,

不信邪>道尽了北京当时进退两难的处境。

Exhaustion of the CCP in the past has excelled in concealing the United Front's struggle, nevertheless unable to pull Chen Shui Bian. This type of melancholy mood on May 17th at the Office of Taiwan Affairs, the Office of Taiwan Affairs current cross-strait relations statement is completely uninhibited. There's a saying, "Chinese people can't fear ghosts, they don't believe in them," ........

I don't even understand the last part. As you can see, I have a small indication of what in the world is going on, but clearly, it's non-sense. Can someone please help me. Thank you! :mrgreen:

北京领导人胡锦涛筹画近一年的对台斗争策略终于登台亮相,其运作轮廓正在陆续浮现,虽然这些仍只是其中一小部分,但灵活程度已令许多观察家跌破眼镜。

My attempt -

The strategy against Taiwan which has been planned for nearly a year by Hu Jintao, leader of the Beijing regime, has at last shown its face. The operation framework is becoming clear. Although what can be seen is only a small part of the plan, its flexibility has surprised many observers.

用尽了共产党过去擅长的隐蔽统战斗争,还是拉不下陈水扁,这种郁闷的心情在五一

七中台办,国台办的当前两岸关系声明中发挥得淋漓尽致。一句<中国人民不怕鬼,

不信邪>道尽了北京当时进退两难的处境。

My attempt -

Having exhausted all the propaganda manoeuvres in the background which the Communist Party was so good at in the past, Chen Shui Bian was yet to be brought down. The disappointment was obvious in the statement on the current cross-strait relations made by Taiwan Affairs Office of CPC Central Committee and Taiwan Affairs Office of State Council on 15 May. The statement "The Chinese people are not afraid of ghosts, nor will they be intimidated by brutal force" showed clearly the dilemma faced by Beijing at that time.