Chinese-Forums

Is the X visa transferrable?

coreys

Hey there! First time caller, long time listener...

I applied to several schools back in the summer and got accepted to BNU and Tsinghua. I chose BNU, got my X visa and came to China. (Note - I didn't tell Tsinghua that I wasn't coming). Now that I'm here, I'm having trouble getting accommodations (BNU lost my dorm reservation) and, instead of spending a 4th day running around like a mad person desperately trying to find a place to stay while schlepping my too-heavy bag around a city that I don't know, I've been thinking about just going to Tsinghua because they have dorms available. My X visa doesn't state which school admissions document I used when applying for the visa back in my home country (I used the BNU admissions letter) - can I just go to Tsinghua? Will there be any fall out?

Thanks in advance,

Corey

PS - is it just me or does the Tsinghua campus kind of feel like "Mars Colony Alpha"? The dorms are very clean (some may say sterile) but I kind of felt like it would be like living in a pod, ready to eject from the mother ship in times of crisis. And the rest of the area seemed like a cross between a San Jose dot com "campus" (hello, Google!) and a mall... or am I just missing something?