Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Film/TV Terminology


Recommended Posts


This might sound a bit unusual!

I am a cinematographer and I am planning to move back to China (or Asia) soon to see if I can find work. I am a former Hong Kong resident.

Currently, I have started to learn Mandarin, though I am actually conversant in Cantonese as I am half Chinese (and half French) and also I used to live in Hong Kong. Though I can't read or write either...yet...

This might be going out on a limb but...

Does anyone know any film and television terminology by any chance? Or would anyone know where I can find such terms?

General film/tv prodcution words would be useful but also specific cinematography terms...especially if I manage to find work with local crews.

Any vocab, preferably in Pinyin as well as characters, would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks for any pointers you might be able to give me!!!!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...