Chinese-Forums

Question about BFSU

ironbadger

Hey,

I hope to be starting a course at Beijing Foreign Studies University in September. I'll be learning Mandarin Chinese hopefully for three years. I was wondering whether its better to use University accomodation or rent a flat and how easy this is for foreign students to rent. Also if anybody, Chinese or foreign students, have any experience of the University then I'd appreciate any information. Cheers.

:help

The little I know about BFSU is here.

Renting or sharing an apartment is probably a much wiser choice than university accomodation, which tends to be overpriced and under-impressive. There are plenty of adverts in bars and cafes around universities, and on thatsbeijing.com. I'd book about a month of university accomodation to give yourself plenty of time to look around. If you are going to be around for three years, there's no point in rushing it - with a bit of luck you'll find somewhere to last you the whole time.

Roddy