Chinese-Forums

Online banking that works with a Mac

imron

Forget banks...every bloody Chinese website is this way :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall

Wait a minute...I thought you were a programmer, can't you build a plug-in or something smart like that to take away our problems? When will the world wake up to the fact that there are more and more people using macs.

The reason that Chinese banking websites only support IE is because most of them have developed special ActiveX controls to enhance online banking security (certificate signing for transactions and to counter malicious software such as keyloggers, etc.).

Alternatively, I just wonder if any of you happen to know where PC usually keep all those downloaded certificates? I am thinking of having of a copy in my flash drive...

You can do this very easily in IE. Go to Internet Options, Content tab, then click Certificates... This will bring up a new window where you will see your installed certificates listed. From here, you can select a certificate and export it by clicking Export... Likewise, you can import certificates as well.

The reason that Chinese banking websites only support IE is because most of them have developed special ActiveX controls to enhance online banking security
I realise that, but foreign banks seem to get by just fine using methods for enhancing online banking security that work on other browsers/platforms, so it's frustrating that Chinese banks can't do the same.

I realise that, but foreign banks seem to get by just fine using methods for enhancing online banking security that work on other browsers/platforms, so it's frustrating that Chinese banks can't do the same.

I can sympathise, but keep in mind that the 病毒 infection rate is much higher here.