Chinese-Forums

Mid-Autumn festival - bring anything?

Xiao Kui

A local family has invited me for Mid-Autumn festival. Is there anything thoughtful I can bring or would most things be redundant since there's gonna be lots of food? (I've gotten lazy abt bringing fruit to Chinese people's houses, though that's what I was told when I first came to China - I imagine at Mid-Autumn festival they'll have a lot of fruit already, but I'll still bring some if anyone thinks it will be appreciated.) I've never been invited over for this particular holiday so I don't know if there's anything special I should bring. Thanks!

if you have access to an oven, how 'bout banana bread, mango bread, cheesecake,

oatmeal cookies......

these are always appreciated, and everyone is impressed that you made it all by

your lonesome.

i've got a recipe for fortune cookies that i'm planning to try out next time i visit for

a holiday celebration.

Thanks for the tips. Don't have an oven so I guess I'll go empty-handed, since if I bring moon cakes i might be expected to eat one. :mrgreen:

i've got a recipe for fortune cookies that i'm planning to try out next time i visit for

a holiday celebration.

Wow, Stinky, you could go down in history as introducing fortune cookies to China (at least SW China - I've never seen them here) Kind of like Marco Polo bringing noodles to Italy. Just remember if you put lottery numbers on the fortunes to avoid #4.