Chinese-Forums

jiaoxinchu

L-F-J

basically, i'd like to know how to say the different parts of the foot.

the heel is called the jiaogen, i know. but what about the "ball" of the foot, the arch, the edge, the top.. and tippy-toes?

but mainly: what part of the foot is the jiaoxinchu? 脚心处

it sounds like the arch, the center. right?

i find it odd though because i learned this from a certain gongfu stance where you stand on the ball of your foot. my master in china doesnt speak english though. but in teaching this stance he said to put my foot on the jiaoxinchu. but i often see and hear people saying the stance is done with one foot on its toes, others on the ball of the foot.

as far as i gathered from demonstration and corrections, it should be on the ball of the foot. but i'd like to know exactly what is meant by the jiaoxinchu to clear it up.

any help? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for confirming that. however, i just realized that he was saying to place one foot next to the arch of the other foot. but didnt specifically say whether or not that first foot is on the toes or the ball. but at least i have half of it figured out! :) thanks!