Chinese-Forums

Henan Dengfeng Shaolin Epo Wushu College

4Fisher4

I would like to go and learn Kung fu in China for a couple of years and was wondering if anyone has gone to this school. If not I was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction for a kunf fu school that is cheap, somewhere around $12,000 for two year... at most! I was wondering about training in the shaolin temple but was informed that it probably isn't the best way to study... though I would really enjoy learning shaolin martial arts. If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative. If you would like to check out the schools website it is http://www.shaolinepo.com/en1/index.html thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
$12,000 for two year.

you mean US$120000 or RMB12000?

The monthly school fee there is RMB1000-RMB5000 which include all meals, accomodation and tuition fee. If you need a private toilet and smaller class (1 mentor for around 5 students) , expect to pay at least RMB3000 . Some famous schools like Epo charged more.

For a year long program, a big discount is offered but I haven't bargained for that. Though local students pay RMB5000-15000 per year only, international students are usually charged more, because of the cost for translation, smaller class and the FACT that they expect you are much richer. One of my french schoolmate paid RMB12000 per year which is quite a good offer.

If you plan to stay there for a year, expect annual school fee not more than RMB15000. (you have to make a hard bargain), and spare some pocket money to buy water and snacks, which cost RMB100-1000 per month, depending on how you spend your leisure time.