Chinese-Forums

ZDT: 070RC2 - a new spin on the sorting categories bug

drahnier

I investigated this phenomenon a little further and found two interesting things:

I start creating a new category. It is placed at the bottom of my current catogory list. My aim is to move this new empty category to the top of the list.

a) the distortion only happens if I hit the up-arrow (or hit the ctl-up key) more than 72 times in a row (I have some 90+ categories). It then may happen with hit number 73, or any furnter hit, it definitely happens befor hitting the 86th time.

B) if I move the new category up just some forty or fifty or even sixty positions, then stop moving it up, then exit zdt, restart zdt, then continue moving that category to the top, no problem will show up.

There is definitely something wrong with the implementation of moving categories in zdt (anyway: a simple "sort categories by name", or "sort categories by creation date" would be fine to have. To do so, make the categories list a simple list view with some column headers similar to the one you use for a category itself).

I can reliably reproduce this behavior on three quite different notebooks, all running Vista Business.

It is also nothing introduced by Java; I have tried three different Java versions in the meantime.

If the zdt window got distorted, I don't have a chance to create a logfile, because wherever I click with my mouse in that zdt window, it just causes canges in distortion , and eventually I see the empty dialog box depicted in my previous post.

This all took a lot of my time and I hope it is soehow useful information for the programmers.

• 2 weeks later...