Chinese-Forums

Water selling machines . . .

roddy

Like this.

Basically they're plumbed into the mains water and you buy water from them to fill up your 水桶 or other container of choice. There's one at the entrance to my apartment complex. I did notice what the water costs, but I forgot. Cheap, anyway. Lots of people seem to use it.

Has anyone used one of these? This is the first one I've ever seen. I was considering using it as an alternative to having water delivered or buying from the supermarket - half of me thinks it might not be treating the water in any meaningful way, but the other half thinks that about the water bottling people anyway.

It's most likely a big empty container with a connecting pipe and some rocks to keep it weighted down. (sh)

Just kidding, I wouldn't know. Like you, I pretty much purchase delivered water with a healthy dose of blind faith too. Are you considering the change to save money or what?

Looks like you're right, Mike - 逆渗透水处理技术.

At the moment I'm just buying supermarket water while I 'get around' to getting a water machine and sorting out deliveries. I noticed the machine and thought I'd ask if anyone had any comments. The fact that I'd have to go down with a container and carry it back myself probably means it's not going to happen though.

I don't mind carrying stuff back, it'd be having to make a special trip that would annoy. At the moment I pass the supermarket downstairs two or three times a day and it's no hassle to drop in and get water, which is why I haven't been so proactive about coming up with a better solution.

Mind you, most people seem to be using the mini-桶s that fit on the mini water dispensers, which hold probably 8-10 litres, so it wouldn't be a daily trip.

At my old place, we had a convenience store downstairs where we'd just buy a couple of jugs of water every so often. Hauling jugs of water from Carrefour or a proper supermarket was entirely out of the question, what with so many other groceries and drinks to carry as is! Water just isn't expensive enough for the weight! However, at my new place, I opted to get a water dispenser and get a huge jug of water delivered for 16 RMB each refill. As I run low, I just call them and they send someone within 24 hours. The only inconvenience is having to leave a retal deposit for the "jug" and still having to overturn that jug onto the dispenser each time. It's pretty heavy and can be messy if you don't get it on right.

Man your guys service doesn't sound to great. I call and within 15 minutes I have someone at my door! (and mine is only 12 kuai :mrgreen:)

I do agree that it is a bit awkward though but I don't know why it would spill... Mine the seal breaks as put the bottle on to the machine. No mess.

get a huge jug of water delivered for 16 RMB each refill. As I run low, I just call them and they send someone within 24 hours. The only inconvenience is having to leave a retal deposit for the "jug" and still having to overturn that jug onto the dispenser each time.
Pretty bad deal you have there. I pay 15 RMB (for Nestle), get it delivered within 10 minutes and can watch them put the jug in position for me. Renegotiate! :wink:

Dude, I clearly have the wrong service! Actually, I think I could probably expect them to pour the jug onto the dispenser for me but I'm lazy about letting the come into my "place of zen." As for prices, I wonder if it is just a difference in prices between different cities? My jug comes with a red cap that you have to pop rip and pop off by hand. I'm not aware that there is any other sort of seal that automatically opens or a dispenser that works with any seal of that sort. Can you guys explain?

Mine has this blue seal on it and you remove the little blue cap (dang it hurts)(plastic and is basically a little round tap) that is certifying it is pure and untampered with. Bellow that is a round insertion point about 1 cm deep and then there is a white stop. This is the seal I am talking about. In my machine there is a little post that goes up this little tube like point and then it hits the white cap and pushes into the bottle opening up the flow of the water. I could push it out with my finger but ummm....then I would have your problem. I would take some pictures but have a practically full bottle on and I don't feel like spilling the water everywhere for your sake :mrgreen: sorry!

I could also have someone put mine on but that's just too much trouble.

Oh and I just remembered I paid a 100 kuai in advance for this little booklet of coupons (10 张) so I don't pay every time (just give them the stub) and I save 2 kuai per bottle.

See this picture. You peel off the blue lid on top of the cap (some bottles don't have that), after which the bottle is still closed by the transparent plug inside. Once you turn it onto your dispenser, the plug gets pushed inside; only then can water come out.

By the way, how come that all threads about water end up getting so many replies? Can chinese-forums sign responsible for bringing about the word 水贴 in Chinese? :mrgreen:

Holy s#!t! I'm such an idiot! Hahaha, my cap has the same thing! I just never inspected it well enough to figure all of this out and I was still accustomed to the old caps that weren't so fancy "back in the day." I was always wondering why there was this little clear plastic nob underneath the cap but I didn't realize there was a lid underneath the sticker on the top of the cap. After what you guys wrote, I went to find the cap I usually throw to the side and sure enough, I realized you could peel away the sticker (it even has a little scratch off portion on it to ensure authenticity) thus revealing the cap and yadda yadda yadda.

Hahaha, I feel like such a dunce. Thanks, guys!

Holy s#!t! I'm such an idiot! Hahaha, my cap has the same thing!

Hehehe

My coworkers laughed at me too when I tried doing the same (rip the entire cap off instead of peeling the sticker). Fortunately, they stopped me in time before I could make a big mess.

Though I would've loved to have seen your technique - from the sounds of it, you've mastered it fairly well.