Chinese-Forums

whats this say?

jesselindsay

Sorry, I don’t have enough time to explain it very clear today. All I can tell you is that the calligraphy work in your second picture is really wonderful. It might be written by a calligrapher during the end of Ming Dynasty and the beginning of Qing Dynasty, whose name was 董燿 Dong3Yao4, (as long as it isn’t a copycat.)

Thanks!

the image on the scroll is below but i really want to find out what the script says as well as finding out who the painter is.

I can tell you that in the script, Mr. Dong compared his paintings with another painter in Yuan Dynasty named Ni, Yu. Mr. Dong thought his taste was close to Mr. Ni. Mr. Dong also felt confident that f his poems contained the essence of Mr. Tao Yuanming’s. (Mr. Tao Yuanming was also a famous poet in Jin Dynasty.)

Oh, my! The painting is also very wonderful, which matches the calligraphy perfectly!

Thanks!

雅画重倪迂,有无论清俗,陡壑与崇岩,豪枯愈峭卓,味得陶诗腴,简淡不自足。

——山浞吾道人董燿

印:枯匏书画

评(画):着墨淡雅清新,构图错落有致,笔法简练老到,意境古朴含蓄。——佳作!

评(字):气韵流畅,飘逸自然,虽有欧体的影子,但二王的味道要重些,尤其是“董燿”两个字,二王的味道好重。——好字!

(要是我可以亲自拿着来赏玩几天就好了!——可惜呀,没这个福!)

so is there any way you could date this painting? i have a few more ill be posting in the future,i hope to hear from you again!

Do you mean if there is any way I can tell when this painting was painted? Sorry, I just can tell you that Mr. Dong Yao was from 1800 to 1883. I can’t judge that whether it is a fake one by the photo you offer. Can you tell me where you are, say which city and which country are you in, so that I can guide you to some other people really in this field to give you more professional help?

Thanks!

im in vancouver,wa for now but may move soon to alaska soon for work.

i also have these 2 i am very interested in learning about,any thoughts? the rolled up one is different then the last 2.

Perfect! You got something perfect! Oh, dear! I highly recommend you contact an auction company named “Southeby”, where I think you can get more professional help. Check the link below, please.

http://www.sothebys.com/about/contact/index.html

Picture 1: 宋徽宗松溪远岫图真迹神品 the genuine perfect painting of “Pine Creek and Mountain” by Emperor Huizong in Song Dynasty Emperor Huizong in Song Dynasty is also a well-known famous painter in China.

Picture 2: see in picture3

Picture 3: 伖刘松年霜月寒鸦图于丙申夏日雪江赵登 印:雪江Mr. Zhao Deng, whose alias was “Snow River” collected a painting named “Frosty Moon and Crow” by Mr. Liu Songnian’ in the summer of the year BingShen in Song Dynasty. The seal: “Snow River”

Mr. Liu Song Nian was a royal painter in Song Dynasty. Mr. Zhao Deng might be an unknown scholar in Song Dynasty. It seems that Mr. Zhao somehow got Mr. Liu’s painting.

Anyway, good luck! (And I think you are very lucky so far!)

Thanks!