Chinese-Forums

Looking for a BEAUTIFUL place to study mandarin!

cyan_sky

Crivens! I love you! I thought it was only me!

I live near Yangshit and I'm often congratulated on this! "You must go every weekend!"

No! I avoid it like dysentery! It is a fetid hole!

Although, it was beautiful during SARS when all the dickheads scarpered back to mummy in suburbia (carrying the virus with them).

You remind me to finish my long promised blog on why Yangshuo is the armpit of China.

=========================================

I hope no Yangshuo-ren would ever see this, because that person will be heaps offended by such arrogant comment.

Qingdao is a very attractive city, with mountains and ocean beaches and old German architecture. It's far less touristy than Lijiang, and a whole lot easier to get to. Reminded me a bit of San Francisco with the fog rolling in over the beaches and the mountains in the distance. I'd love to go back and stay a while there.

I hope no Yangshuo-ren would ever see this, because that person will be heaps offended by such arrogant comment.

I don't think it was a reference to yangshuo-ren, but a reference to the dreadlocked bob marley listening white boys with dumb facial hair and their backpacks and desire for banana pancakes that yangshuo attracts. I once saw a white guy walking through guilin dressed in a red and gold suit made from the same material that qipao's are made of. Definitely on his way to or from yangshuo.