Chinese-Forums

Applying to Fudan

abuck

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone's in the same situation as I am, considering applying to Fudan's language program for the Spring 2008 term. Does anyone know:

1) How I pay the application fee (if I don't feel comfortable mailing cash, is there an alternative?)

2) The exact dates for the spring semester

3) How long I can expect to wait before hearing back (it seems that I don't really have to worry about being accepted or not?)

Anyway, just looking for some feedback. If you've gone through this process before, or are going through it now, let me know! :wink:

1. Talk to the school. If they do not allow you to send a check/money order, you can probably wire the money into their account. Barring that, you can risk mailing them the application fee in cash. You should be able to pay the entire tuition in person once you are there. Interestingly enough, when I went to study at ECNU, I mailed USD cash for the application fee (of course, I made sure it wasn't obvious from outside the envelope), only to have them give me back the cash when I arrived and ask me to give them the RMB equivalent.

2. Check their website. Google it. E-mail/call them to ask.

3. If you're there to study Chinese, there's no reason to expect being denied.

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions - I'll definitely give them a call. Shanghaikai, I studied at ECNU last spring (although it was with CIEE, so we just used facilities). Beautiful campus :o) How long are you studying/did you study there?

I studied there from February 2006 to January 2007. If you mean Spring 2007, I was no longer there though some of my friends were still studying that semester. I was purely there just to learn Chinese. I actually think Tongji's campus is nicer than ECNU's but everyone seems to have it in their mind that ECNU as the "garden university" is prettier. Eh...maybe I just have different taste. :D