Chinese-Forums

Best English language KTV - Beijing

sthubbar

Thinking of taking the family to KTV while they are visiting. Any recommendations on the place in Beijing that has the most English language songs?

I'm familiar with

Qian Gui - by Zoo

Melody - by Minzu Daxue

Tong yi shou ge - by Renmin Daxue

Right now, I'm leaning towards Tong yi shou ge, though I remember their English selection to be small.

Any ideas? Thanks.

The Qian Gui in CBD has the best buffet of all the KTV's I've been to, so that might be a reason to go there.

As for English song selection, I can't help you there. I get dragged to these places by people who like to sing Chinese songs, and I'm not much of a singer myself - I go mainly for the food and good times.

wrong wrong wrong,

the best place for english (and entertaining people from different countries in general) is blue KTV in wudaokou (in that lil' alley near the #13 line bridge). It has english, korean, japanese, tagalog, chinese, etc.

english songs range from everything...copa cabana, to P.I.M.P. Stereo system is decent...for some reason I thought i sounded better there than at some KTV's....only bad thing is the remote is in korean...but can figure it out as you go...

Whenever i have to entertain a guest w/ no chinese skills, Blue never lets us down and it's 60 / hr but this may depend on room size...I've been to one other KTV that seems to have My humps, and milkshake, but that was it, everything else was carpenters ish.

• 1 month later...

Blue all locked up hmm? I'm not sure then. No sign on the door? you could always ask a nearby business what's up.

Oh yeah, I just went to party city last week....apparently it is north 4th ring road...somewhere, didn't pay that much attention.

Party city is very upscale, so if you are entertaining people and actually want them to eat at a buffet and have a private restroom next to your room and be impressed, then it's the place to go. The only thing I don't like about some upscale places (and something to take into consideration when bringing peeps who can't read chinese) is that all the moniters are in Chinese and you have to search that way too (so you may end up inputing all the songs). Other (cheap) places just have it all in binders so you can just throw your friends the 'english' binder and be done with it and they have as much as a chance to figure out the (korean) remote as you do...

However, another GOOD point about Party city is that it has the real music videos for the most part and their stereo system sounds good.....which it should for how expensive it is. I didn't remember to take a business card, maybe you wanna post their info here anyway:mrgreen:

hmm...I'm beginning to shock myself at how many karaoke places i've been too....