Chinese-Forums

If you are in Los Angeles maybe you can help...

heifeng

Hello anyone in Los Angeles,

One of my good friends out here in Beijing is visiting LA for a short time (last week Oct, first week Nov) for a film festival located near the Beverly Center on Beverly Blvd.

Anyway, he knows no one in LA and is just going to stay as far as I know in a hostel out there. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a point of contact for him while he is there. If you are interested in making an international friend and are also interested in film directing and/or Chinese language, Africa, etc. this might be nice exchange opportunity as well.

Here is more info about him: He is pursuing his Ph.D and has been in China for 7 years and is very talented scholarship student. He speaks French, Chinese, (some functional English), and his native language (he's from Western Africa).

As you may be able to tell, I am a little worried about him going out there without knowing a soul out there. I am trying to figure out some bus routes and things for him now so he doesn't get lost and potentially run into any problems while out there.

Likewise, if anyone on the board can point me to some useful resources I would really appreciate it. I am going to try to email USC and UCLA student associations next.

Best case scenario some one who may also be attending the film festival and is int the West LA area can commute with him, worst case, I hope someone can just provide there contact information if he has questions about how to get from point A to B, etc. ect. I don't even think he is going to have much access to the internet or have a cell phone out there, so it's best if he has some local numbers he can contact if he needs any assistance or has any questions.

In anycase, if anyone is interested please please please PM me!

Thank you so much,

-hf