Chinese-Forums

Athletes foot / jock itch medicine

optical

I've developed a bad case of jock itch and my supply of lotrimin that I brought from home has run out. Are there any equivalents to lotrimin or lamisil that I can buy in southern china (non mega-city) that are effective? An athletes foot cure should theoretically cure jock itch as it is caused by the same agent, just in a different location of the body.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Are there any equivalents to lotrimin or lamisil that I can buy in southern china (non mega-city) that are effective?

Oh, lamisil is called “兰美抒 lan2 mei3 shu1” in Chinese. Please check the link to see a picture of 兰美抒.

http://image.baidu.com/i?ct=503316480&z=0&tn=baiduimagedetail&word=%C0%BC%C3%C0%CA%E3&in=7238&cl=2&cm=1&sc=0&lm=-1&pn=50&rn=1

Another frequently used in Chinese people’s daily life is Dermonistat. Its Chinese name is “达克宁 da2 ke4 ning2”. Please check the link to see a picture of “达克宁”.

http://image.baidu.com/i?ct=503316480&z=0&tn=baiduimagedetail&word=%B4%EF%BF%CB%C4%FE%CB%AA&in=17473&cl=2&cm=1&sc=0&lm=-1&pn=2&rn=1

You can find both “兰美抒” and “达克宁” very easily in many drug stores. Please remember the patterns printed on the package, or print the pictures out, show them to the assistants in a drug stores and tell them you use the medicine for your "脚气 jiao3 qi4".

Hope it might help you.

Thanks!