Chinese-Forums

Questions about BNU and Tsinghua's long term study program

Sgt_Strider

I'm wondeirng how does the long term study program works at BNU and Tsinghua? I have a friend that I met at Beiwai during the summer that is studying at BNU right now, but I haven't talked to him since August. I'll probably call him in about a week to find out how it's like, but I wanted some opinions from you guys.

I'm not looking to start another degree program. I'm going to graduate from my current university with a double major in both History and Political Science. I'm assuming that the easy to get in long term programs at these universities don't issue degrees or certificates right?I have been studying Chinese for a while now and I wouldn't say I'm at a intermediate level yet, but I think I should be close. How long are the classes at BNU and Tsinghua? Are the admission criterias hard? What are the "ideal" rooms to get? Are they cheap?

Right now, I'm leaning on going back to Beiwai because I'm familiar with it. However, I kind of want to try out a new university, but at the same time, I'm worried it won't be as good as Beiwai.

This is going to be the first time in my life that I can devote 100% of my time studying Chinese instead of studying it with other subjects at school. I'm not sure if I want to start a degree program, which I doubt I can anyways considering how low my Chinese level is compared to a student doing a BA at BNU or Tsinghua.

Anyways, I'm looking for comments and information. I hope to make some decision in the coming weeks and months.