Chinese-Forums

Moving to Shanghai

beyazsayfa

I'm moving to Shanghai in two weeks time...

I'm 25 years old male from Turkey, I have tourism nad hotel management, business administration degrees. I was working as a foreign trade manager.

I've been to China before twice for business meetings and fall in love a Chinese girl and decided to move Shanghai. I'll come with F visa. Could you give me information about permanent stay in Shanghai and how can I get Z visa? Can I find a job in a short time?

then the chinese girl is very lucky. Hope you can have a good time in Shanghai.

But i am afraid that i can't help you so much about the visa, as i have little knowledge

about that.

I believe that you can find a job quickly in Shanghai. you have good working experience.

just see this website: www.foreignhr.com you may find job in this website

with rdgs,

Jo

Edited by lily_spring88

How is your Chinese?

You need to find a job in order to get a Z visa. It will require the company to obtain a foreigner's employment license and for you to get a foreigner's employment permit. It is not an easy process unless the company already has experience hiring foreigners.

It will be very difficult for you to get a permanent resident visa. Most married couples where one partner is a foreigner still has to renew their visa regularly.

Since it sounds like you're already past the point of no return and are definitely coming to Shanghai, I advise you to make sure you are clear on the situation with your girl and then go to the PSB in PuDong to explain your situation, your plans, and ask them for help on how to keep you in China.