Chinese-Forums

Typing Chinese characters in Windows

Qcash3

Admin: split from discussion in this thread.

Cool, program! Does anyone know of a program similar to this one that outputs Chinese characters? I currently have NJ Star, but I hate having to cut and paste characters into my internet browser and other programs. I am definitely going to recommend this program to my high-school Chinese teacher, when I was in high-school she ended up typing pin yin in MS Word and then hand writing in the tones for all of the papers she gave out :(.

谢谢!Works nicely Imron, thanks alot. My only gripe is that when I enter the pinyin I can't see the characters until they get on the page. So I don't know if I selected the right character until i've already typed it, and if I have selected incorrectly I can't see the characters in the selection menu to correct it. A little odd to me, considering that my computer can view all other characters. Otherwise, I love it. For future reference Imron, how would I access the default windows version of this?

My only gripe is that when I enter the pinyin I can't see the characters until they get on the page
That's strange, I wonder if there's some conflict with NJ Star. Perhaps try installing one of the default IMEs (see the wiki ipsi() linked to) to see if that works. You might also try Sougou's IME, which Google basically copied from.