Chinese-Forums

studying at chinese university

mason12

Hi all i have posted before with more or less the same question but i have a new outlook now and want some more advice please.

Well, i am 16, i live in the United Kingdom and i was previously accepted into Beihang university as a chinese language student at 15 but naturally i turned it down as i was so young but i am now at a full time dance academy on a full scholarship and will be here untill i am 19 by which time i will only have an A level in Dance and National Diploma in Proffesional Dance plus all of my GCSE'S. I was wondering whether this would be enough for me to gain entry into a chinese university and to gain a csc scholarship?

I have always had a passion for China and the complex Chinese language so it would be my dream to study there but at the moment i am studying to be a male classical ballet dancer but i plan to study in china when i graduate instead of going into a ballet company although i was wondering if this would be a viable option with my limited 'formal' academic qualifications?

Any advice would be most welcome.

To be accepted into a university program, you usually have to pass the required level of HSK (Mandarin proficiency test). Since you are in a dance program, it would seem to make sense to enquire with universities that offer dance or arts programs, and ask about scholarship and admission requirements. Good luck! There's a growing and vibrant dance scene in major cities of China.

Thanks, but actually the reason i want to study in China is to study the Chinese language and to not become a dancer.

So do you not think that it would be possible for me to gain entry as a language student on a csc scholarship? I don't want to enter a BA degree course just 2-3 years of language study. Please could you advise me on the best thing to so.

Thanks