Chinese-Forums

陰居 & 代工

82riceballs

yam news article

而在中國生產的手機類別方面,MIC亦表示,主流類別仍以GSM/WCDMA為主,尤其在諾基亞穩居全球手機品牌龍頭的帶動下...

諾基亞除了持續釋出部份低價CDMA手機代工訂單外,...

而隨著一線大廠缺乏低價CDMA手機供新興市場銷售,中國手機製造業者已快速搶佔這個市場,也讓中國CDMA手機生產比例在第二季首度躍升至一成大關。
attempt to translate 3rd sentence: ...(don't understand)...Chinese cell phone manufacturers and dealers race to control this market, allowing China's CDMA cellphone manufacture rate to jump to... (don't understand)

what do those red words mean? and what does the 3rd sentence mean?

The title : should be 居 not

1. 穩居 - stay in a stable position (i.e. no other brands can take Nokia's place)

2. 代工 - I think it is "to manufacture on behalf of ...". I know there is a term for it but cannot recall it. PS - looks like it is OEM.

3. 供新興市場銷售 - it is not 供新, it is 供 (to provide) 新興市場 (emerging / new markets) 銷售 (sale) - to provide cdma phones for sale in emerging markets

而隨著一線大廠缺乏低價CDMA手機供新興市場銷售,中國手機製造業者已快速搶佔這個市場,也讓中國CDMA手機生產比例在第二季首度躍升至一成大關。

And as low-cost cdma handsets from top manufacturers are in short supply for sale in emerging markets, Chinese mobile phone manufacturers have swiftly taken up these markets. This has also enabled China's cdma phone production to reach 10% of the total production for the first time in the second quarter.

...在第二季首度躍升至一成大關

...for the first time in the second quarter

Does this mean "the first time in the second quarter, but there was at least one time it reached 10% in the first quarter" OR "this is the first time it has reached 10% ever, and this event happened in the second quarter."?

I'm guessing the latter, but is the Chinese definitive, or can both interpretations be made?