Chinese-Forums

Where to find a list of travel agencies that offer tours to America?

JohnMotto

Hi guys,

A few of my friends from China are interested in coming to the states on a tour or something and they are not sure where they can find a list of reliable Chinese companies that offer to help with tourist visa/offer tours to the United States.

Thanks

Ben

There are plenty of tour operators in the United States. Are they looking for Chinese speaking tours or English? Do they need help with an American tourist visa or something else?

Reliable is a bit hard to ascertain but I would categorically recommend dealing with an agency based in the United States rather than one based in China. There are sizeable Chinese/Chinese-American populations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York with the relevant businesses to boot.

Oh, and Google is always a good place to start. Just remind them to do their due diligence and find out as much as they can before committing to any operator or agency.

When I came to China I used KDCal Travel. Their website is:

http://www.uschinatrip.com/index.cfm

They are a chinese run travel agency in California, and speak both chinese and english. They handle both US to China as well as China to US flights, tours, and more. I found them to be very helpful, and could communicate quite well in english, and would likely use them again. You can see some of their sample US tours from the homepage.

Hi Ben,

The CEO of my Translation company a couple of months ago with a few other backers started a separate travel company to take successful Chinese people to the US and other western countries. The plan was to arrange rental cars, hotels and basic interpreter guides to accompany them on a road trip around these countries. The name of the new company is Leopard Culture & Media Ltd.,Co you can look at the website.

www.ioutdoors.net

In late September they went a bunch of National parks in the Western US. Sanfransico, to Yosemite, Las Vegas, Yellowstone, They covered a lot of ground. In December and January there are trips planned to the Eastern US and Australia. Same deal of driver and basic tour guide.

Most Chinse tour companies pack people into big buses and don't allow flexibility to stay longer or not so it seems like a more fulfilling travel plan.

You can mention it to your friends as the different travel opportuinites for CHinese people are a bit limited.

This is a relatively new company though, so don't expect complete prefection.

have fun,

Simon:)