Chinese-Forums

jiang hu 江湖

skylee

2.jpg

A stylish new movie, featuring the inescapable Andy Lau (劉德華) and Canto pop star Jacky Cheung (張學友). I think it is quite good.

From http://www.jianghu.com.hk -

龍頭大哥洪仁就縱使早對江湖萌生退意,可是卻身不由己,他明白江湖上所謂的退出就等如死亡。兒子出世當日亦是他生命受脅之時。一個消息盛傳江湖,有人要在十二小時內把洪殺掉,而出賣者正是洪身邊的人。一直忠心的三大巨頭紛紛來向他獻計,而一向行為暴烈的好兄弟左手,亦誓要為洪抓出死士。久歷風雨的洪卻從容不迫,他靜靜等待各人露出心意......。

這邊廂,少年翼仔一直希望在江湖上揚名立萬。為此,他決要當上死士,完成今晚的任務。可是,大佬卻只給他一刀......。而好友TURBO一直心無大志,但為了相助翼仔完成任務,他鼓起了最大的勇氣,從此改寫一生。任務進行之際,翼仔竟然遇上一個令他著迷的少女。這個生死一線的晚上,也是他們立下誓約之時。

這晚,各人機關算盡,一切卻在意料之外。原來,兄弟在各人的心目中是有著不同的意思。

BTW, both this and another recent movie "20 30 40" use "把悲傷留給自己" as theme song. It is a good song, very sad (particularly the version sung by 陳昇) -> http://list.mp3.baidu.com/topso/3/303_tsomp3.htm

Skylee:

I guess you are not a girl as you indicated since not too many female are interested in the triad movies. :roll:

I heard that in this movie they even have a scene of implied animal sex. I wonder how would they expect it not to be banned in Mainland?

I have got fed up with this kind of triad movie a long time ago ("Infernal Affairs" is the exception but the sequels are cop/triad movies actually).

Can those script writers in HK have any better ideas?

That is an IMPLIED scene, you don't get to see it on screen. I think the movie makers consider it a necessary humiliation to turn a very weak character into a brutal killer. I think the storytelling of this movie is interesting.

As to the Mainland audience, they can always buy the VCD/DVD (release scheduled for September).