Chinese-Forums

THree Kingdoms Decorative Art

speldwiday

Greetings all:

My dad and I are both big CHinese military history buffs and I was looking to get him something really neat for CHristmas. My dad is a huge fan of the Romance of the THree Kingdoms, and his favorite character is Zhuge Liang. He also holds the likes of Yue Fei and Zhao Yun in high regard. I was thinking that some sort of chinese military art work would be perfect (i.e. scroll paintings, sculptures, or porcelain art). As always, I am on a bit of a budget (no more than about $250), so while I would prefer something historically authentic, as long as it beautifully depicts some sort of military event/figure it will do. Anyone have any references or advice?

Also: on a totally unrelated note, I recently wrote a term paper about the Second Sino-Japanese War and some people had expressed interest in reading it. Does anyone know how I can post that as a link on a thread or something?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to hearing from all of you!

~bryan

Also: on a totally unrelated note, I recently wrote a term paper about the Second Sino-Japanese War and some people had expressed interest in reading it. Does anyone know how I can post that as a link on a thread or something?

To post a link, simply paste the url on your post. To attach a document to your post, scroll down and click on the button "Manage Attachments" in the box "additional options".