Chinese-Forums

Sino-Japanese War

speldwiday

Greetings all:

This is a term paper I wrote for my "History of Asian Warfare and Politics" course. It explores Chiang Kai-Shek's decision to allow his capitla at Nanking to fall during the early days of the Second Sino-Japanese War.

While researching, I recieved a couple of very good references from members of this forum and thought that you'd like to see the finished product. In case anyone was curious, my professor deemed it to be an "A-" effort.

Any questions, comments, or criticisms are more than welcome. Enjoy!

~bryan

forum post.doc

Your paper is a good read.

I am surprised you didn't talk about the Mao's guerilla style tactics which had been successful against the KMT up to that point.

Also that there were other issues in the north before the Shanghai battle.

It might have been better if you had some examples of other situations after the fall of Nanjing where having the elite troops could have helped the KMT.

Good job and thanks for posting it to the forums, it seems well written as well.

have fun,

Simon:)

While researching, I recieved a couple of very good references from members of this forum and thought that you'd like to see the finished product.
Thanks for getting back to us. It's always great to hear back from people once they've finished their papers or surveys. I only wish more people would do this.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little amused with the first sentence starting with "because" only to find the second sentence starting with "and." :mrgreen: Aside from what was at least one entire paragraph of redundancy, it was an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

wow, this is a good read. my paper is about Nanjing massacre & collaboration between japanese & Chinese (woops forgot the capital J, I guess you now know who's side I've chosen. ;) ) this is very helpful and a great read even for people only remotely interested in this subject.