Chinese-Forums

Lu Cha

channamasala

Did anyone see "Lu Cha" (Green Tea), and what did they think of it? I have something to say about it but basically everyone I've talked to disagrees with me so I want to hear other opinions first. What did y'all think about how those two girls were the same? Or how Zhao Wei tries to pretend she's ugly, which is just ridiculous in my view? Or about how the personas of the two girls mesh and how they don't, and why, and what is the writer trying to say? There are some things that I found obvious, like what is meant by the "ugly" Zhao Wei's study of comparative literature and the fact that her blind dates always drink coffee while she always drinks green tea, the storytelling and the opening of the tea leaves in water, the ideas about fate and image, modern and traditional, blah blah blah.

What I'm really curious about is what people may have thought about the ending? My view of it wasn't so well-received by others when we discussed it (it played on Sat. at the DC Film Festival and I went with people).