Chinese-Forums

Excel Simplified-Traditional Conversion Tool

ABCinChina

I'm pretty sure this tool might be of use to some people. It can automatically convert simplified characters to traditional and vise versa in Chinese versions of Microsoft Office. I mainly translate simplified to traditional and found this tool to be very accurate. For instance, 出租汽車 (used in China) will be translated into 計程車 (used in Taiwan), and 水平 (used in China) will be translated into 水準(used in Taiwan).

One problem is that this tool only works on Chinese versions of MS Office. I have MS Office 2003 English at home and can't seem to make it work.

MS-Office簡繁轉換器.rar

Edited by ABCinChina

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I found out that this tool also works with MS Word and PowerPoint. (You just have to find the button)

My work computer runs MS Office 2003 in Traditional Chinese and I often use this tool to convert Simplified to Traditional. In Word this tool also gets all the characters inside boxes which any other method can not. There's no other tool that works better for this purpose.

Edited by ABCinChina