Chinese-Forums

Help w/Phonetic Translations of English Names

muyongshi

My friend is asking me to help them with a project that one of their foreign friends has asked them to do. Writing a "transliteration" of his friends names in calligraphy on fans. They want it to sound like Chinese but sound like that person's name. Apparently this guy is taking them back to the states as gifts for his friends. I'm just going to post the names (first and last) and hope everyone can pitch in to get decent names and since they aren't being "picked" as a probable life long name we don't have to have it absolutely perfect. So basically 3 characters: 1 character 姓 2 for 名字 and sounds relatively like the name in English. Sorry, not to sure about the middle names but if it makes it easier...

My deepest and greatest appreciation is yours for helping me with this and helping me score some major points with this friend :mrgreen::wink:

Meghan Marie Bowers

Lynn Marie Bowers

Erica Bowers

Rita Margorie Rapp

Mary Lou Norrick

Julia Doty Heen

Catherine Durkin

So here's what I'm thinking...

(following the order above)

包美涵

包丽娜

包爱丽

郎丽妲

诺美萝 (or 罗,骆 for the 姓)

韩隽雅 or 菊雅

杜恺悌

Thanks again for all the help and opinions on these ones (most of them are the same :D )