Chinese-Forums

Beijing international... 24 hours?

Shadowdh

Hi all, I am taking a very early flight from Beijing international to Dubai then London and I was wondering if its possible to stay out there from the night before, that is to save on a hotel and as I have to get up at 2am anyway to get there for 3am why not hang out in a cafe or somewhere... is this possible? and if so where do you suggest... thanks all...

I seem to remember that that was not allowed, but I'm not sure about it.

If it actually is not allowed, why not just hang out in a 24h cafe somewhere in Beijing? It's cheaper, too. Try finding a 避风塘, for example - all the bubble tea you can drink for 18 RMB (plus all you can surf).

The airport is open 24/7 but I'm not sure about the shops. There must be at least one of them where you can drink some overpriced coffee while waiting.

Also, nothing stops you from just hanging out in the airport lobby until check-in time. It does get a bit cold there so wear a jacket.

Thanks for the replies chaps...

Cdn... I will be in Beijing on the 6th in the morn after getting in from Wuhan... but will stay at downtown for the night and to save a few rmb was thinking of hitting the airport early but not actually trying to go through check in till its time...

Gougou... thats my other option... I might just end up doing that and then fluff about on the net for a bit...

Badr... thanks for the info, I will be wearing my jacket... (might be the first time as the weather here has been balmy, well till today)... if thats the case then I will look into it... either way I will be spending quite a bit of time in Beijing seeing some friends... cheers all

There used to be a hotel in the airport basement which had decent hourly rates - I just had a look on the airport website and couldn't see it, so maybe it's not there any more. It's worth taking a look at the basement anyway, as there are more cafes and restaurants down there and one might be open. Ah, searching turned this up, so looks like it might be there still. Got to be the best option, although 260Y for 8 hours seems a little steep . . .

So your flight to Dubai is on the morning of the 7th?

If your flight is at 3:00 am, then I think you should arrive at the airport by 1:30 am. At this late hour, check-in, security, and immigration should take no time at all, but why cut it too close?

If this were me, I'd just go somewhere for drinks and then head to the airport at 1:00 am. Or maybe you're not into that, which is cool too. :)

Cdn... its on the morn of the 8th at 0550... I like to arrive a couple of hours earlier, even slightly earlier than that as then its all done and I can just move on to the flying bit... plus this time I am going to try to get an earlier transition flight to London.... so if I get in early they may be able to help me out...

I stayed at the "basement" hotel a couple months ago, and it was very comfortable. They have a shower there, etc. But, if you're coming out from the city, seems to make more sense to time your arrival, etc. I always use the bus (16yuan) from the city, but I don't know if it runs that time of morning...

Cdn... its on the morn of the 8th at 0550... I like to arrive a couple of hours earlier, even slightly earlier than that as then its all done and I can just move on to the flying bit...

I see, that's probably the worst time to get on a flight. :) You can't really sleep, but don't know what to do instead. Maybe you should go relax in a bath house. Most have rooms that you can rent by the hour.