Chinese-Forums

Christmas stockings

NickyR

Hello enerybody!

I'm shortly going to be leaving China and would like to buy gifts for my CHinese friends before I go.

As I'm leaving just before Christmas, I would like to buy some Christmas stockings and pack them as a cultural exchange as well as a leaving gift. I don't want to fork out tons of money on the stockings as I'm guessing they won't be able to find much use for them.

So my questions are these:

1. Any cultural issues about putting presents in a sock that I should be aware of??

2. Any idea where to buy stockings in Beijing?

(3. Just as an aside, any ideas about little gifts to put inside them? The ones that really worry me are my CHinese grandparents as I can't understand a word they say so have no idea what they're are interested in. Currently just kniting them scarves and hats for winter)

Thanks everyone,

Nicky:D

Hee hee. Definitely aiming for clean socks!

Yep, leaving so soon. The company that sent me here (yay!) seem to (quite rudely I think - lol!) want me to go back and actually work for them. :cry:

Am a bit gutted but comforted by the thought of all the cheese I will be eating in 2 weeks' time... yay!:D