Chinese-Forums

Requesting prospectuses and brochures

mason12

Hi all my name is Mason Hargreaves and i am considering studying Chinese at a university in China but i have tried to email BNU, BEIDA, FUDAN universities amongst others to request if they could please send me a brochure and application materials by airmail to my address in the United Kingdom and thus far i have had no response. I was wondering how any of you managed to get a printed brochure sent from the university if at all possible because i want something to show my parents as they will be potentially funding my studies in China and i need some 'hard' evidence for them to read through in the hope of convincing them that it is the right choice for me.

Any answers/suggestions would be grately appreciated.

Thanks Mason.

There are a number of placement companies that assist westerners in connecting with universities. Most of their sites offer a lot of free information about different regions, etc to help you decide, even if you don't use their services.

I personally used (3 times) the one at www.hyccchina.com which is especially good for northern china (where the broadcast standard for Chinese pronunciation is strongest). There are other sites that tend to specialize in other parts of China.

You could google on "Study in China" for example.

They're not likely to send you any brochures. I got one from BNU, but I flew out to get it - not very cost effective ;)

Find good pages on their websites and print them off.

Or search the net and find Western Universities who do exchanges and who have helpfully put up decent info on these places.