Chinese-Forums

"Don't be rude with me, just help me!"

optical

This might sound kind of wierd but I'm really curious how to say this in Chinese.

Let's say for example I walk into a store and ask one of the workers where I can find something, or how much something costs, etc. And they respond by giving you one of those "How dare you ask me a question?" looks and scoffs out loud.

What is the best way to really blow them away and say "Don't be rude with me, just help(answer) me!"

(I'm not really looking to start a debate on etiquette and culture here, I just want to know how to say this properly.)

I' ll give you two sentences as below, the meaning in chinese are not every rude and not every polite. it works if you pronounce every character correctly. otherwise you might just become another joke.

别笑,有点教养好不好? 你到底卖不卖?

bie2 xiao4, yo3 dian3 jiao4 yang3 hao3 bu4 hao3 ? ni3 dao4 di3 mai4 bu2 mai4 ?

literal meaning : dont laugh. could you act like a informed people? seriously, are you really selling something?

The trouble is, if you say something too complex - ie beyond your language level - then when they reply at a similar level you're going to just stand there looking confused. At which point they'll give you one of those looks and scoff out loud.

请不要这么没礼貌,帮助老外人人有责

Is it just me, or did you read too many propaganda posters...? (sh)

I can just see something along the lines of 保护环境人人有责 staring down at me from the unsold advertisement space on a bus, or possibly on a rubbish bin. To me, it does sound quite a bit too catchy for people to actually use in everyday conversation, but then my Chinese knowledge is quite limited. Do they?

Or was it more like a bit ironic from your side....?

请不要这么没礼貌,帮助老外人人有责

If you say that with a smile and I am that person, I might laugh, shake my head, and then help you! 8)

Or they start rolling in the ground.

More likely, they would murmur, "These days, even 老外 pick up the slogan @#!@!$%#" :roll:

There are a few nutcases that actually use it in daily life and then there are those that just joke about it. I was mimicking the joking ones and thinking of saying it with this very serious and innocent face and then after I'm done saying smiling big and letting half the people around role on the ground and the rest curse under their breath. :mrgreen: