Chinese-Forums

Cheap hotel near Puxi district in Shanghai

Xander

Hi, I just found out that I need to narrow my search to one of the eight districts in the Puxi area, till I have done that please do not reply. BTW: How do I delete my own thread?

Hi,

I am going to do a one month internship in Shanghai starting next year on the 25th of February. I need to find a cheap hotel/hostel not too far (up to an hour of railway or any other means of transportation) away from the Puxi District in Shanghai. I would rather not pay more than 250 a night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you checked out Home Inn (如家)? They have many hotels around Shanghai. Very clean, free internet. I stayed at one in Beijing for 4 weeks and found it to be a refreshingly pleasant experience. I also stayed at a Home Inn in Shanghai, not far from Zhongshan Gong Yuan. It was 198 RMB per night a year and a half ago.

You can't delete the opening post, as that would leave the answers orphaned. But there's no need to, the way you edited it is just fine. And people might have good recommendations anyway, like the mentioned Home Inn, which should have a location within an hour of your work. Check it out once you know where exactly you'll be working!

Hi,

The company is going to pay for the hotel, the managing director stayed there for a month last time, and said it cost him close to 20 000 RMB a month, is that possible? I did not dare to ask him if I had misundestood him.

I told him instead of covering the hotel, the plane ticket and salary they could just give me a budget. This would make things easier for them, and I can decide myself how to spend the money = stay in a cheap hotel, and save a lot of money.

The company is going to pay for the hotel, the managing director stayed there for a month last time, and said it cost him close to 20 000 RMB a month, is that possible? I did not dare to ask him if I had misundestood him.

20000 RMB is around 2800 USD so that is entirely possible. As shanghaikai has stated, it's very likely that your company already has a serviced apartment on lease for use by visiting employees - it's still a lot of money but it's actually cheaper for them this way than putting their guests up in 5 star international hotels.

I told him instead of covering the hotel, the plane ticket and salary they could just give me a budget. This would make things easier for them, and I can decide myself how to spend the money = stay in a cheap hotel, and save a lot of money.

I would consider this carefully. Firstly, serviced apartments are generally very nice and have good facilities (such as gym, bar, etc.), especially one which costs that much. It will most likely be in a prime location and also very convenient in terms of transportation. And it will probably be located very close to your office, thus saving you time. In addition, it should have a kitchen for those times you decide to make a simple meal/breakfast instead of eating out. Overall, it should make your stay a lot more enjoyable. A worry-free stay wil help you to accomplish more on your trip.

It sounds like your company is treating you very well for "just an intern", and if this is your first time visiting, I'm curious why you are trying to cheap out? If it is in fact a serviced apartment, then they probably have already planned for you to be living in it. Otherwise, it'll just sit empty, even though they'll still be paying the lease on it...

I have done some thinking, and yeah if they wanna pay for me, let them. The guy told me the location is nice, close to the office.

I was just a bit surprised. I am not used to spending that much money, but its going to be nice to stay in such a place for a month....