Chinese-Forums

Looking For China ESL Teachers To Post Experiences

NateM

Hello China ESL Teachers,

I've been planning extensively to go and teach english in China for about 6 or 7 months. During that time, I had tried to compile a list of different school reviews, so that I would have an idea of what schools were good, and which ones to watch out for. I have a list of about 60 schools, thanks to places like English School Watch and Dave's ESL Cafe, and a description as to whether they were portrayed positively, negatively, or in a neutral light. I've even contacted some of you about your experiences. Unfortunately, as new topics crop up on the message boards, urls change, etc, many of the reviews have been lost, and I no longer am able to find out exactly why people felt the way they did about the school.

This gave me an idea, that maybe it would be a good idea to create a searchable archive of school reviews, so that potential teachers would someday be able to look up the school they were looking at teaching for, and see what other people had thought about the school.

And so I made up a forum, that hopefully someday will be able to serve that purpose. There is a place for posting reviews, which will eventually be archived alphabetically by region. There ìs also threads on each province in the regional discussions, so that people can post their general impressions of places they've been, so that even if people donìt like the school, they might decide they want to visit the area. It can be reached here:

Nate's China School Review

Guidelines For Posting School Reviews

Disclaimer On Reading Reviews

My goal is to make finding out about particular schools easier for people interested in teaching in China. If anyone has anything they'd like to share about a school they've taught at or place in China that they've been, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Nathan Mittelstaedt

http://p082.ezboard.com/bteachingenglishinchina

• 4 weeks later...

As an addon to this, I'd just like to let you know that the site is now much more easily accessable. You can go to the homepage at http://www.ChinaSchoolReview.com. Thanks to everyone who's participated thus far. In little over a month and a half, the site has accumulated close to 30 reviews and over 350 total posts. Hope to see you some time.

Nathan Mittelstaedt

www.ChinaSchoolReview.com