Chinese-Forums

Anti-Japanese Sentiment in China...contradictions?

chengdude

the hatred towards the japanese was only magnified after 1989, since there was a need to unite the people under a single powerful governing body. esp after america posted restrictions on exports to china after that certain event. it was a political need.

b4 that, anti japanese sentiments wasnt a major propaganda. if we read some of the memoirs written by people close to mao, mao had said more than once that by diverting kmt military strength in the sino-jap war, the japanese actually helped the ccp to survive.

now the chinese govt also realised that this propaganda has begun to backfire. a full generation of young chinese had that hatred planted in their little minds. whenever there is a sign of 'provocation' by the japanese govt, they urged the govt to do something 'patroitic'. if not, they will blame the govt for being 'soft' of even brand the govt as 'traitor'. but of course, the voices of the people is always put aside in chinese history.

Famine due to bungled policies is not the same as deliberately killing people, like the Japanese soldiers did in Nanjing or like what Harry Truman did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

please, its not only famine. famine came after 59. before and after that 三反五反 plus other political movements already took the lives of millions. i remembered i read somewhere that the executed 'landlords' and their families was like more than 2mil. thats before the famine, stats provided by ccp(if u can trust their stats). recorded deaths btw the 50s to the 70s was like min 12mil to max 40mil according to various(various=more than 20) sources and estimations, mainland and foreign. what do u think?

I posted my anti-Mao comment before. It's in the Chinese Traitor discussion. I agree with pazu, the recent revitalization of Mao teachings make me sick. And holyman is right, anti-Japanese sentiment is a very recent thing in China, it has only become visible in the past couple of years. I remember knowing no anti-Japanese propaganda when I attended school in China during the late eighties and most of nineties. It didn't start in 1989, it is instead affecting people as young as 10 to 30 simultaneously over the past two, three years.

People should be aware that Japanese are trying to amend their peace constitution, to upgrade their armed force. Especially, it seems that Japan will intervene if China is going to reunited with its territory Taiwan.

Under such circumstance, do you think what Chinese people will feel about Japanese?

People should be aware that Japanese are trying to amend their peace constitution, to upgrade their armed force. Especially, it seems that Japan will intervene if China is going to reunited with its territory Taiwan.

what do u think about a country without proper defense? think about korea during the late qing dynasty, it'll only be listening to powerful neighbours like china or japan, not exactly a sovereign country.

unless u are concluding that once given proper rights in the constitution the japanese will support their government invading other countries, dont see the need to worry about it.

as for intervention into other people's affairs, everyone is trying to do such things under the motivation of his own interests. do u think china will be happy if n and s korea united? or if japanese and russians settled their differences regarding the northern territories? or if india and parkistan joined hands to form a greater india?

Japanese products are way cheaper than other imports with the same quality.

Hating those Japanese who hate China for no reason doesn't mean I have to boycott anything Japanese,neither does it mean I hate all Japanese.

I avoid buying them,because I can't see friendliness from many Japanese.I just don't like someone who doesn't like me,I still have to cope with a Sony MD,when I can't afford a iPod.How is it a contradiction?