Chinese-Forums

If you are out of your hometown, how will you celebrate this Christmas?

floatingmoon

I hate the commercialness of Christmas as well but I always celebrate with those closest to me. And thankfully I have good friends here that I am able to celebrate it with. We will probably just get together, exchange a few gifts, play some games, and of course eat a lot of food.

This year, as I'm living/working back in London I'll spend Christmas Day and Boxing Day (26th Dec for those who don't know) with my immediate family.

Last year, I was in Beijing, and I went to class at BNU. Only two of us turned up and I had prepared a small chat about Christmas (with my 101 language skills!) but the teacher had other plans and simply went onto the next chapter in our text book. I was a bit pissed off.

Luckily, my best friend had flown over from London to visit me and his sister (she was also studying in Beijing). We celebrated Christmas dinner in Dadong eating Beijing Kaoya.