Chinese-Forums

Question about book of the month

peterlkj

Just discovered BOTM - seems like a great idea - although I've been tending to look at fairly basic books for 10-12 year olds so far - I'd love the challenge of a proper novel. I've read the posts from when this got set up back in '05 - how does it tend to work out? Online books? What are the thoughts on the January book? I'm in SH now so it's good to pick it up!

The way it tends to work is that someone gets all fired up about reading novels, suggests a book, and then a bunch of people say they'll read it too, and then by the end of the month no-one does :mrgreen: (P.S. Muyongshi, yes I'm still on track to finish 每个姑娘都单纯 by the end of the month)

If you look in the BOTM forum, you'll see there are *large* gaps in continuity. That being said, the last 2 1/2 months have been going ok, and I for one am making an effort to do more reading in Chinese and am going to try and keep it going.

If you have a suggestion for a book, then towards the end of the month, you can start a new thread suggesting it. If you're lucky, you'll have a couple of people respond and say they'll read it with you.

Mostly it's online books, but for the current BOTM, I went and bought the paperback version, because I don't like reading large amounts of text online.

For next month, I'm thinking about 球状闪电a novel that's been discussed in another thread on Chinese Science Fiction.

Also there's no reason why you can't go back and read a BOTM from past months - you might not be reading it alongside others, but you're welcome to post as you read with any questions or comments and it's pretty much guaranteed that at least a couple of people on here will have read it previously and be able to help.