Chinese-Forums

Chinese Text-Processing + Learning Tools

geek_frappa

I am happy and honored to share a few projects I have been working on.

I am posting here because I believe these projects are a subset of the Adsotrans computer-assisted, human-driven translation project.

Primezero Chinese Tools is an adaptive translation tool designed to process various Chinese dictionaries and study lists.

pzphp includes a toolset for Chinese language text-processing of Hanzi, Pinyin and various quantities for anyone who wants to write their own e-learning tools.

As always good stuff!

哪裡哪裡 :oops:

This is great stuff. Will be getting a new server for the Adso stuff (currently down) in mid-January. Would love to host/distribute this stuff with the main release.

adso is quite wonderful, especially in the news-in-chinese application for annotation. new server in a new year would be exciting.

Wow, this is really cool. Thanks geek_frappa for all the work you've done and continue to do for the world :clap

And not that you asked for any (technical) feedback...just FYI

It works great on my SE K790c using Opera Mini in full web mode, but won't work using the phone's built-in browser for some reason ("says your phone not supported.")

And not that you asked for any (technical) feedback...just FYI

It works great on my SE K790c using Opera Mini in full web mode, but won't work using the phone's built-in browser for some reason ("says your phone not supported.")

Hey, LaoZhang, Thank you so much for the feedback! :D You're too kind.

I am currently designing for WAP 2.0 web browsers (Opera Mini is my favorite). The message "your phone not supported" may indicate your built-in browser is a WAP 1.0 browser. I am adding support for more mobile browsers, so that message may be gone soon.

In fact, if anyone else is reading this, please share some information about your mobile phone, so I can start testing your models. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just stumbled over to this forum to find out what's up with Adsotrans and found the i18n terminal. Nice!!!

:oops: Thanks! :)

Adsotrans is pretty cool, eh? Have you tried trev's new annotated editor?

-- also --

My pleasure to introduce a Hanzi To Pinyin Converter online ... :) Simple copy and paste your article about Edison Chen or other important world events and tada!! :-) Hanzi To Pinyin Conversion you can print out and study on the bus.

http://www.primezero.com/terminal/hanzi_to_pinyin

also, Chinese Seal Chop Google Gadget for iGoogle now available for download in the Google directory

or your personal homepage .. you can use this... Chinese Seal Chop Google Gadget for your Webpage, also in the Google directory

thanks for the feedback/comments on how you like it or how i can improve it.

• 1 month later...

Happy to announce that you can build custom Chinese flashcard decks for printing and delivery on the Primezero i18n Terminal. :D

Every search result can be added to your shopping cart for printing. (Just like you, I don't like getting flashcards I don't need from those generic packs).

I am so glad I can share this printing service with fellow students of Chinese.

PM me if you would like to beta test more products coming soon.

You also can print customized Chinese practice paper sheets by clicking "+ paper" next to single-character search results. That is completely FREE. Forever. :wink: Note that single character entries show the stroke order for some simplified characters.

Back to work, more products coming soon.

Have fun learning!

• 3 weeks later...

Excited to share a new feature that I have been testing. You can download your search results for safe-keeping from the Primezero i18n Terminal (English-Chinese Dictionary) in various formats: CEDICT, Excel or CSV.

Sample Query 'Starbucks': http://www.primezero.com/terminal/lookup?q=Starbucks

Please note that you can also import the formatted text files into great programs like NJStar and ZDT Flashcards program. :-)

You can also import lists into your Google Docs Spreadsheets for building flashcard lists.

(sh) new feature coming soon. PM me if you want to get free stuff including T-Shirts.

Have fun!

• 4 months later...

When I first used NJStar, I absolutely loved the Convert Hanzi To Pinyin ... feature, so you can imagine how sad I was when I could not install NJStar on every computer where I wanted to perform the conversion.

Thus, from that need to convert Hanzi To Pinyin on Mac OS or Linux or anywhere (and the 2 or 3 emails per day asking for the feature), I wrote the following web apps (still need improvement): :oops: It is not very good yet, but I thought I would share the beta versions and get your valuable feedback.

Hanzi To Pinyin Converter -- http://www.hanzitopinyin.com/ -- a conversion tool with portability to Google Docs or Microsoft Word in mind. The idea is that you can move your conversion anywhere you want to since it belongs to you.

hanzi-to-pinyin-converter-september1.png

Mobile Hanzi To Pinyin Converter for iPhone or Nokia phones -- http://m.hanzitopinyin.com/ --

iphone_hanzi_to_pinyin_converter_mobile.png

Thanks you everyone!:)