Chinese-Forums

Ways to call someone...?

7Dragon

Hi, new guy here, need some help with ways to call someone who has small eyes lol.

I only know of one in Cantonese, which is "矇豬眼" (is that even the right way of writing it? lol).

So, yeah, any help would be appreciated, and I know that these "slangs" are different in Cantonese and Mandarin, but either one will do.

Thanks =)

need some help with ways to call someone who has small eyes.
Try calling them by their name, or xiansheng/xiaojie (Mandarin) if you don't know their name. I've yet to meet someone who appreciates being addressed by their body parts. I have, on the other hand, met tons of people who hated it.

you're right.

矇豬眼 is Cantonese, a nickname

instead of 矇豬眼 (adjective/noun)

you may use a full sentence as, '你隻眼好細'

but these are informal ways to call them

if you call someone矇豬眼 or tell your friend 你隻眼好細, make sure that you two are friends. if you call someone you just meet (or stranger) with nickname like 矇豬眼 or tell her/him 你隻眼好細, it's so rude.

or try call them by their real surenames with titles, e.g 陳先生 (Mr.Chan) 陳小姐 (Miss Chan) in formal way

if there are 2 people who are friends, they may call each others by using the last 2 or 3 words of their real names, e.g. 陳小明 --> 小明; 王大君 ---->大君

hope this helps.

greenmoon55: Mandarin 'nicknames' for people with small eyes is fine too =)

chingcc: Yes, I know about those...lol

But as I've said, this is not for calling someone in real life, it's gonna be a nickname for a character in my story XD. (So, if there are any 'cutesy' ones, those will work better...lol)

So yeah, please help guys, I need this soon. I'm sure there are more nicknames that have a similar meaning to "矇豬眼" in both Cantonese and Mandarin...

Thanks again.