Chinese-Forums

Middle name for a girl.

radioflyer

I have a daughter who has a middle name "Cai-Lin". My wife and I are expecting another girl soon and we like to give her a middle name that relates to "Cai-Lin" We like to have it as Cai-xxx or xxx-Lin. I would appreciate any suggestions the xxx. We hope to have a name with meanings relating to beauty, intelligence, success, or beauty in nature.

Thanks.

RF

• 4 weeks later...

Lin 琳 is such a pretty part for the name and would give a nice association between two sisters Cai lin & @ lin. I am going through a naming question myself and am not by any means an expert but Lin also contains the radical mu 木 (tree) and (木木) forest that someone might suggest is a good character to have in a name (and might be explanation for your translation error) Colourful Jade is very pretty as a translation so maybe you could play with literal meanings first ...like precious jade, or a reference to jade from a classical poem. And then do as I am ...look for advice

Also Lin is very usable in English and the pet name linlin is also cute.

My wife is a Lynette, Lin for short and my linlin :D ...and she has beautiful green Jade eyes:roll:

How exciting for you ...congrats